March 19, 2022 at 1:30 PM
Knight Concert Hall
Music is the best passport to discovering the many cultures of the world! To the sound of the n’goni, balafon, djembe, naffar, derbouka and dhol, percussionist Kattam invites you to discover Africa, the Middle East and India through rhythm, song and dance!
From African rap and desert dance to trance Sufi rhythm and Bollywood dance, Kattam never fails to entertain his audience. Accompanied by his monkey, Takoum, join Kattam on an incredible multicultural adventure!
Kattam’s debut album and DVD, Timbuktu to Bombay, on which his live show is based, has garnered many awards, including:
• Tilly Award 2018 – Best Family Fun – DVD and CD
• Parent and Teacher Choice Award 2018 – Gold Medal – DVD and CD
• Parents’ Choice Award 2018 – Gold Medal – Timbuktu to Bombay
• Global Music Awards 2018 – Silver Medal Winner – DVD and CD – Outstanding Achievement
• Independent Music Awards 2016 – Best Children’s Music Album
• JUNO Awards 2017 (Nomination) – Children’s Album of the year
Created by Kattam Laraki-Côté of Montreal, Quebec.
Arsht Center Commitment to Health and Safety
The Arsht Center remains deeply committed to the health and peace of mind of our guests, artists and staff. Based on guidance from national and local health officials, masks and proof of a recent negative COVID-19 test are required. Guests may volunteer proof of vaccination in lieu of a negative test. Learn more here. This event will be seated at full capacity. We will also maintain enhanced cleaning, sanitation and air filtration procedures. Any policy changes will be sent directly to ticketholders and updated regularly at arshtcenter.org/covid-19.
Online ticket sales are no longer available for this performance. Tickets may still be available in person at the box office or by calling 305.949.6722.
In partnership with: