About the Café at Books & Books in the Carnival Tower
Café and Books! Conveniently located within the ground floor of the Arsht Center’s designated landmark Carnival Tower, patrons now have a new option for pre- and post-show meals. Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, under the direction of Chef Allen Susser, The Café at Books & Books features a café-style restaurant with delightful outdoor seating, table service, a specialty coffee bar and a full beer, wine and liquor bar.
- LIVE MUSIC on Monday from 5pm to 9pm and Saturday from 8pm to midnight on our side walk café. An evening of Soul, Latin Jazz or Bossa Nova under the stars. No Cover charge! Call the Café for the line up of artists: 786-405-1745.
- Chef Allen's Farm to Table dinner every Monday at 6:30 pm. Family Style Vegetarian Tasting Menu shared at our communal table overlooking the Farmer's market. An example of some of the themed menus include: Colors of Fall, Celebration of Spices and Exotic Holiday Flavors, all served vegetarian style. $25 per person or $36 with two glasses of wine.
- BUZZ WEDNESDAY: Come and get your coffee buzz on with our custom Roasted Metropolis coffee selection. All day drip coffee is $1 and all specialty coffees are 50% off.
- PRE THEATER MENUS: Every show a pre-theater menu is featured with a wide variety of appetizers, entrees and desserts made available:
• THEATER: 2 Course Prix Fixe $29 and 3 Course Prix Fixe $34 (+ tax + gratuity)
Prix Fixe $21 and 3 Course
Prix Fixe $24 (+ tax + gratuity)
Reservations are highly recommended for pre-show dining. Call 786-405-1745 to book a table.
- Come after the show for coffee, desserts, cocktails and snacks.
- We cater all private events: Seated, buffets, passed hors d'oeuvres and cocktails.
We have a commitment to local fresh ingredients: a few examples of our healthy dishes are the Old School Cream of Quinoa with Granny Smith Apples for Breakfast, the Curry Chicken Salad with Couscous, Mango, Raisins and Walnuts for lunch or the Steak Frites with St Lucian Rum Sauce for dinner.
Café at Books & Books Fall Menu: Click here
Café at Books & Books Theater Menu: Click here
Café at Books & Books Matinee Menu: Click here
Hours of Operation
Coffee and Breakfast
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. coffee; 9 a.m. breakfast served until 11:30 a.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 9 a.m. coffee; 10 a.m. breakfast served until 3:00 p.m. except on matinee show days
Lunch and Dinner
Monday - Sunday: 11:30 a.m. full menu except on matinee show days; closing at 10 p.m. except show nights
Show Days: Matinee menu served 11:30 a.m. until show; theater menu served 5 p.m. until show
After Show: Full menu 7 days a week closing 1 hour after show
Parking is free Monday through Friday prior to 10 a.m. in Parking Lot C. (Click here for a parking map.) Metered parking is available in Lot C after 10 a.m. and on weekends, although regular parking rates apply afternoons and evenings with performances.
Reservations required on show dates, and limited to special, Pre-Theater Menu ONLY. Reserve today for pre-theater dining by calling 786.405.1745.
Stay After the Show for Drinks & Dessert!
Looking for a drink or a bite after the show? The Café at Books & Books is open after all shows!
Farmers Market on Mondays
Every Monday, from 4 p.m. - 8 p.m., the Adrienne Arsht Center and The Market Company host a weekly Farmers Market in the Thomson Plaza for the Arts, adjacent to the Café at Books & Books. Make a tradition of visiting the Farmers Market and the Café at Books & Books every Monday after work!
Contact the Café at Books & Books
For additional questions, please call 786.405.1745.
Activation of the historic Carnival Tower is made possible with the support of American Express.